Nein
46%
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
veening

PostSubject: Getting a new map   June 3rd 2011, 4:04 am

NEW MAP!11!!!!1!!!

(will told me to post it, because he won't make a new one if theres no vote)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 3rd 2011, 6:21 am

I voted no for new map because I could only agree to this if a couple of changes and preparations happen before hand.

First matter at hand is, wich are all the problems that you currently have with the current map and system?
Personally,
- I don't like the fact that we are all spread out across the distant cities;
- If we don't change the map we might not get to use the bonuses of the latest updates, namely Nether(plus soon Aether and Adventures);
- Do people feel W.E. buildings should not belong to our server? (Even though they are in theme with the cities, plus they have much greater detail than what could be achieved in reasonable time without WE, plus I am addicted to it)
- I miss the element of economy that we once had;
- I belive the server would benefit from more fun mods periodically;
- I think we should step up one more time the level of structure our cities have because the current look of our cities is a disordered one for the most part, but leave the free building element outside the cities for those that desire that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xTrav

PostSubject: Reasons   June 3rd 2011, 6:28 am

We all worked so hard on Green City. The ONLY way i will say Ja is if we get transfer of all items and ONE house if thats possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xTrav

PostSubject: OH WAIT   June 3rd 2011, 6:35 am

After some thinking with dan. i would say ja if there was a easy access portal to GC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BorjaX

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 4th 2011, 2:28 am

Yes all the way. From 0!
But, for that, and in some reference with what Dan said:
WE only must be used for mod purpouses and important things. My impression is that now all things built by people who have acces to WE are built with (or they have obtained the resources from) WE.
Furthermore, the economy system would be good if people used time to obtain the resources, and not simple spawned them. Also, restarting the map to spawn spawn everything or copypast it is just senseless.
On the other hand, i'm not the owner of the server, and this only can be decided between mods and owner/s (idk the situation).
It was better when we actually worked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DirkDigger

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 4th 2011, 2:39 am

BorjaX wrote:
Yes all the way. From 0!
But, for that, and in some reference with what Dan said:
WE only must be used for mod purpouses and important things. My impression is that now all things built by people who have acces to WE are built with (or they have obtained the resources from) WE.
Furthermore, the economy system would be good if people used time to obtain the resources, and not simple spawned them. Also, restarting the map to spawn spawn everything or copypast it is just senseless.
On the other hand, i'm not the owner of the server, and this only can be decided between mods and owner/s (idk the situation).
It was better when we actually worked.

We will actually limit the use of WE on the new server, from now on only admins will have access to WE (in some special cases they can grant mods/OPs temp use of it). Razz

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 4th 2011, 2:50 am

Ok here's a suggestion.

Only Admins are allowed to use WE from now on.
WE can be given temporarily to other mods/Ops to do some maintenance stuff in cities for example.

We will try to get the Magiccarpet (for Vet+ maybe) back, since the compass and flymod is missing.

No far remote cities anymore like NR or Blackrock were.

We try to get Economy back working with chestshops etc.. Also there will be an Admin shop with endless ressources and all ressources.
To make possible Mega-Builds (in less time).
Of course those prices will be higher in comparison with private shops.

We will try to find a way to earn money apart from selling stuff. (like killing Monsters, ...)

No Flymod anymore. It will be disabled.

Fun Mods can be discussed with Members and Admins.

Cities will get structure, theme and will be planned like Dan and me done this with Florence.

Number of cities have to be discussed (3-5) plus Nether City. Villages will be possible.

If you got more points/rules that should be added name them here and we will decide about it.

My Youtube Dubstep Channel Smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarvelMusiq

Back to top Go down
View user profile
enstudque

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 4th 2011, 3:13 am

I like that admins are the only ones with WE. But even still, if you have it, that doesn't mean you have to use it on everything you do. Use of it should really be limited to things that benefit the cities themselves; such as setting up roads creating lakes etc. It's quite an unfair advantage and takes away from the quality of the server when it's used on builds.

Church of Notch is still the most impressive build on the server because it was done totally legit. Who cares if it takes forever? This isn't a classic server.

I do like all the other changes/mods that you're bringing to the new map. Consider MCMMO to compliment the admin shop. I've seen it work wonderfully on another server.

Also, when the time comes, I've got a few ideas for new cities.

TheCrownJoker

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   June 4th 2011, 6:05 am

Not using WE is great and all, but we really need bb or some other way to help de-grief. My idea is to let mods and up use all functions of craftbook, some of which have been disabled. Also, please give access to the selecting an area, so that you can use the toggleable areas portion of craftbook.
On the idea of a new world, i think it would be good, and we could keep up the other map for awhile so that people could move over their items. Houses are fun to build, but get boring to look at, even the ridiculously huge ones that took days, so i've got no opinion on the house transfer.
One big thing nobody's mentioned is the world's seed. We could take on a totally different aspect on building, like getting a map with large oceans, or a ridiculously mountainous one.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a new map   

Back to top Go down

Getting a new map
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Green City Server Forums :: Extras :: Trash Can-
Jump to: